H1 2017: HOCHTIEF increased net profit by 35% with a strong improvement in cash generation
HOCHTIEF confirms the 2017 Group guidance and expects an operational net profit in the range of EUR 410-450 million.
- EUR 189 million nominal net profit (+35% year on year); EUR 201 million operational net profit (+25%)
- Sales growth momentum continuing, H1 2017 +18% yoy to EUR 11.0 billion
- EUR 288 million year-on-year improved net cash flow from op. activities
- EUR 231 million op. cash in-flow compares with EUR 57 million out-flow in H1 2016
- Free cash flow from operations of EUR 1.2 billion last twelve months
- EUR 601 million net cash up EUR 260 million quarter on quarter
- EUR 42.6 billion order backlog, +12% year on year
- Order backlog equivalent to 22 months of work
- New orders EUR 13.7 billion (+4% yoy)
- Guidance confirmed: Operational net profit for 2017 of EUR 410-450 million (+13% to 25% yoy)
- Healthy tender pipeline in all our markets, about EUR 75 billion remaining for 2017 in core markets; currently EUR 380 billion for 2018 and beyond
HOCHTIEF has continued to develop in a very positive manner during the second quarter of 2017 resulting in significant advances in the Group’s sales and profits during the first six months of the year. This has been accompanied by a substantial increase in cash generation and a consolidation of the Group’s sound order book level. “HOCHTIEF is well on track,” said CEO Marcelino Fernández Verdes.